Online driving instructor training course for allocated Brown School
The DTE-Elite course for driving instructor training is a complete holistic approach, meaning it uses an all-round approach that combines:
- The knowledge acquired from your theory training
- The skill you demonstrate while driving
- The ability to cascade or teach this to your learners
This course mixes demonstration sessions (X.01), observational sessions (X.02), the preparation of lessons (X.03) and the delivery of lessons (X.04). Online modules should be carried out alongside the completion of the Reflective Workbook.
The delivery of this can either be to a qualified instructor trainer, role playing the role of a learner driver or to learner drivers themselves.
There is no particular order to complete this course in however, units 1.01, 4.01, 5.01, 6.01 and 7.01 will need completing before the part 2 test of ability to drive.
Other units can be completed as opportunity and online/classroom sessions become available.
On-line teaching units
- 1.01 Introduction – Brown
- Introduction quiz – Brown
- 1.02 Theory Training – Brown
- 1.03 Show me tell me – Brown
- 1.03 Show me tell me questions – Brown
- 1.04 Introducing Coaching – Brown
- 1.05 Observe a lesson – Brown
- 1.07 Lesson Planning – Brown
- 1.07 Lesson planning quiz – Brown
- 1.08 Risk management – Brown
- 1.08 Risk management quiz – Brown
- 1.09 Teaching and learning – Brown
- 1.09 Teaching and management quiz – Brown
These are the in-car units where you will demonstrate each of the key areas of driving. You will drive as if you are demonstrating each lesson to a learner.
These units are completed in-car by observing a driving lesson. You will sit in the back and complete the units from your reflective workbook. A copy of each page from your workbook is included for download in each unit.
- Introduction to the observational units – Brown
- 3.01 Competencies (where to look) – Brown
- 3.02 Observation manoeuvres – Brown
- 3.03 Observation rural roads – Brown
- 3.04 Observation urban roads – Brown
- 3.05 Observation junctions – Brown
- 3.06 Observation junctions advanced – Brown
- 3.07 Observation lesson planning – Brown
- 3.08 Observation risk management – Brown
- 3.09 Teaching and Learning – Brown
- 3.10 GDE matrix – Brown
Home Study units
Here you start to prepare your own lessons ready for delivery to your pupils. You might deliver some to your trainer using a role play method
Trainer coaching units